Sunday 1 January 2012

Happy New Year!

This is just a small post to wish everyone a Happy New Year, and also to share a wonderful Grim Fandango related project with you.

A stunning 3D Render of Celso's skull by project contributor Chay
The Grim Fandando Stop-Mo Project plans to use stop-motion animation to recreate the famous opening sequence that introduced us to Manny Calavera, and his less-than-desirable client, Celso. (Stop-motion is the style of animation you've seen in Chicken RunWallace and Gromit, The Nightmare Before Christmas, etc.) The level of detail and attention being put into the project by its creator, Pixyfrog, and his contributors, is nothing short of stunning! I can't wait to see the finished video.

Follow its progress here: Grim Fandando Stop-Mo Project

While you're at it, why not take a peek at Chay Hawe's incredibly detailed and unique take on Manny Calavera on his portfolio website Chayground.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for your very kind words Johnny, and for the spotlight. As one of your team members rightly said (Jon N/A), this is going to be the year of alternative GF projects!

    All the best to your project.. mine will be a bit slow I am afraid... one picture at a time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job!!! It looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job! I am a fan and player of Grim Fandango, I'm Brazilian indie developer, and here we have a beautiful translation of this game, I'm willing to adapt the deluxe version here in Brazil.
    They can tell me if they need it, fully support the initiative!
    Congratulations!

    if you need to contact: samuelluciano6@gmail.com

    ps: sorry my english!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does look awesome!
    All that you guys are doing is awesome.
    I'm from Brazil too, I really appreciate the work you are doing.
    Grim Fandango was a great part of my childhood, I enjoy this works and seeing the excitement you have on these projects.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete